Sunday, September 8, 2024

I hurt my shoulder and its pretty bad

My goal for fitness has just intensified after series of rainy days that halted my running routine. I decided to go to the gym and lift weights. Apparently, living in a tropical country has its pros and cons. Its rainy season in the country and unless I want to incorporate swimming in my daily exercise, it wouldnt be too bad but leptospirosis is a thing to be afraid of and I won't dare catching it. While I still run when the weather is good, I also now visit the gym few times a week.

A week ago, my rotator cuff seemed to snap and now I can barely move my left shoulder specially for shoulder workouts. Its really painful and very uncomfy. While I'm pretty resilient and already fell in love with pain, working on a bad shoulder may probably just exacerbate the situation and I don't like that. However, shoulder day should go as planned but less intense means less weights for now for the said muscle group. This is not a new thing and I had this problem almost a decade ago when I was actively lifting weights. I guess muscle memory is really a thing that it even recalled my past injury. Its still a totally satisfying experience and each of my gym session is therapy to my ever improving mental health.

Its now going six months since I abandoned alcohol and I cannot stress enough the significance of this decision which is probably the best I had in my whole existence. I feel like a new person now and each day gets more and more beautiful on this alcohol-free journey. I guess it has something to do with the level of my testosterone that keeps going up due to my new non-sedentary lifestyle matched with right diet and ample amount of rest. Speaking of diet, I just became a fan of intermittent fasting which at first was so hard but determination got me now to this point that 16:8 is just a normal thing. I would consume tons of protein rich foods during my eating window and take low carb but satiating staples. My mom sent me a sack of black rice when she found out I'm on a diet and this rare type of rice really changed the game. Moms know best indeed!

While my sleep is still on a questionable routine, I make sure to maintain 6-7 hrs everyday. I am no longer on a night shift job and so night sleep is now a thing. Though I still do some writing before going to bed so I still go pretty late but I make sure to time it and not be carried away with it as overthinking also triggers sleeplessness. Like what I've mentioned in my previous blogs, I'm working on a short novel and its really damn hard but I commit to finish it no matter how slow plus I am really taking my writing craft very seriously. I love writing and I will surely stick to this true love until I get old. Back to my sleeping stuff, my coffee addiction that mainly contributes to my sleepless nights is now tamed. I consume a lot of decaf instead of the regular coffee. I don't know if its just a placebo as they said that decaf still has caffeine in it but it still put me to sleep anyway so I stick to decaf. My sleeping habit is still a work in progress but its already much better than before.

Its getting late and I have to finish this. I really don't have so much agenda on this entry but unlike the ones that I keep in private, I'm publishing this one and probably more as I aim for much longer social media detox moving forward. I mean few of my socmed contacts (who reads) already found my website and I'd rather share to them through this platform more often as they are the ones who genuinely give a sh*t. I relapsed on my socmed sobriety but I admit its really hard to beat that one so I'll reactivate my socmed from time to time. My mom whom is my number one fan always sends her support whenever she sees my facebook story so I will post FB story once in a while. She's a great proponent of good health and she's getting better and better as she gets old. I want to make her proud all the time that her son is striving to be healthier to be like her whom at her age is still exceptionally agile and active. Ma, I love you and I'll see you soon. Hilutin mo balikat ko!

Share